» Promoting Your Property
- We will place a listing for your property on real estate websites that we subscribe to and each listing will include a minimum of 4 images of the property;
- We will do targeted direct mail outs to your desired audience should your needs dictate it and the property be suitable for this kind of marketing;
- Wherever possible, we will offer an unlimited number of private viewings of your property and/or “Open for Inspection” days until the property is leased. The timing and number of these viewings will be determined by the access provided to us by the current occupant;
- All property viewings will be carried out by one of our representatives (we do not give out keys to prospective tenants);
- Once weekly, we will update you on how your property listing is performing in the market place.
» Efficient Application Process
- All information and references provided by tenancy applicants will be verified by us within 24 hours of receipt and all tenancy applications will be screened on the national tenancy databases that we subscribe to;
- Unless you instruct otherwise, all potentially suitable tenancy applications will be referred to you for a decision;
- We will lease your property in accordance with market conditions. These conditions we will outline to you. We will seek your approval of our recommendations prior to listing the property for rental. At all times we will consult you when making any adjustments to the rental value of your property;
- Subject to the tenancy commencement date and the tenant’s availability, we will prepare the tenancy documentation within 1 working day of tenancy approval.
» Rent Collection
We will follow up all rent payments in accordance with:
- Our documented arrears process, and
- Relevant legislative requirements;
- Should your tenant not respond to our arrears control, we will contact you seeking your instructions regarding the possible termination of the tenancy and keep you informed throughout the legal process;
- You will be advised within 1 working day once rent arrears are paid by the tenant.
» Rent Statements
- Your monthly Rent Statement will be sent to you within 5 working days of our monthly close off date;
- All monies received by us will be deposited into your nominated bank account immediately after our monthly close off date;
- You also have the option to have rental funds credited directly to your nominated bank account and concurrently setup a direct debit for our management fees;
- Your Rent Statement will be personally checked by your Property Manager prior to being forwarded to you;
- All agreed property outgoings will be paid on your behalf (subject to the availability of funds) and if we do not have sufficient funds, we will contact you for instructions;
- We will provide you with an accurate Annual Income and Expenditure Statement within 14 days of the end of the Financial Year.
» Repairs and Maintenance
- All non-urgent repairs from tenants will be attended to within 2 workings days of receipt;
- We will not arrange for any repairs to your property without your knowledge and approval (unless the repair is defined as “urgent” under the Residential Tenancy Act);
- We will attend to any “urgent” repair requests within 4 hours of receipt wherever possible;
- We will only use appropriately skilled and insured tradespeople for any repairs or maintenance work to your property;
- We will provide you with a copy of invoices for all work arranged on your behalf for the property.
» Property Inspections
- We provide a detailed report on the condition of your property prior to the tenant moving in. This report is reviewed and updated for each tenancy;
- We take a full set of digital colour photographs of the condition of your property prior to each tenancy;
- We will carry out periodic inspections of your property each year and will provide you with a detailed report each time.
» Tenancy Agreement Renewals
- We will review the tenancy agreement for your property 30 days prior to its expiry;
- After contacting you for instructions, we will offer the tenant a renewal of tenancy agreement for the same period as the initial agreement and a rental rate inclusive of the allowable CPI increase as guided by Tenants Union ACT guidelines. If current conditions indicate that the market will bear a higher amount then we will provide you with our recommendations;
- We recognise that this is a sensitive time for landlords & tenants and we will negotiate the best outcome to the satisfaction of both parties;
- You will be advised if the tenant does not wish to renew their tenancy agreement.
» Vacating Tenants
On receipt of a vacating notice, we will:
After the tenant vacates the property we will:
- advise you by phone or email;
- confirm the details in writing to both you and the tenant;
- list the property on our website and put the agreed advertising plan into effect as soon as practicable;
- prepare all necessary vacating documentation;
- arrange access for viewings by prospective tenants.
After the tenant vacates the property we will:
- Process the tenant’s rental bond refund within 5 working days;
- Responsibly make deductions from the rental bond as considered necessary. Full details will be provided to both you and the tenant;
- Complete all necessary documentation to finalise the rental bond within a further 2 working days;
- Update the property condition report ready for a new tenant;
- Take new updated photographs of the property.